AAU logo

Report an Invention

What should I do when I have invented something?

If you as an employee at Aalborg University have invented something in relation to your work, you are obligated to inform the university about this in writing. 

You report an invention by completing an invention disclosure form and sending it to the Technology Transfer Office.

It is important that all relevant information of significance be attached to the form so that a reasonable evaluation of the invention's commercial value can be made. Take care in particular that all formalities such as distribution of rights and signatures of all inventors are attached to the disclosure form.

Download the invention disclosure form here